Here it is - The newest version of Gtechniq's EXO ceramic coating, v5. Gtechniq EXO v5 is a ceramic coating made to make your car's paint glossy, deep, and smooth all while being chemically resistant and very hydrophobic. EXO v5 is best applied over GTechniq CSL for ultimate protection on your car’s paint.
EXO v5 took everything from v4 and made it better. v4 recommended two layers, v5 only needs one. v4 smeared around when applied to CSL, making it more difficult to apply. v5 applies extremely smoothly and is super easy to level. EXO v5 also has improved durability and hydrophobics - 115° water contact angle and 13° water draining angle. EXO v5 expected durability is 18 to 24 months.
Gtechniq makes the best ceramic coatings in the market based on my experience. For every car that I get, I apply Gtechniq CSL and EXO. It makes washing my car easier and keeps my car looking better for longer.
By now, most people should know how to apply a ceramic coating. While technically more difficult to apply than a wax or sealant, EXO v5 is extremely easy to apply and work with. Here’s how I do it:
- If applying standalone, wipe the car down with CARPRO Eraser. If applying over CSL, go straight to coating.
- I have 2 of my Coating Removal Towel 3.0 ready. One will be for an initial wipe and the other for a final wipe.
- Prime the CARPRO Foam Suede Microfiber Applicator on an Applicator Block.
- You don't need to use a ton of product. Just a few drops per 2' x 2' section. I apply in a cross-hatch pattern.
- I'd do about two sections, then wipe off one, do another, wipe off the previous, and repeat…
- Let cure for at least 3 hours.
- After the first wash, use OG Drying Aid, and you'll be good to go.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.