Deep breath...almost all of the other products I now have in the OG store were very simple for me. Most of them I have been using for years or there is a very clear front runner for use in my garage. I've been very vocal of my apprehensions when it comes to a coating for either the paint or wheels. There can be significant cons that are often overlooked when dealing with a coating:
- Not as easily installed
- Very difficult to remove if you installed it incorrectly or don't want it on the paint any longer
- More susceptible to mineral deposit or water spots
- Lasts longer than waxes or sealants, but may not look as good
- Generally requires more detailed maintenance to keep looking proper
So it's not as cut and dry as you might think. It wasn't an easy decision for me to decide what coating to offer. I narrowed it down to 4 that I was considering. Kamikaze ISM, CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0, Dr. Beasley's Nano Resin Pro, and this Crystal Serum light. I have ISM on my RS and had it on my Gen 2 Raptor. I also did a section of the Raptor with Nano Resin Pro that looked and was applied much like ISM. Those two are the most "wax-like" I've encountered. Cquartz UK 3.0 probably beads and protects the best that I've found. It doesn't look as good as ISM or Nano Resin Pro, but I think it's durability is likely going to be better.
None of the above really matters to me any longer because I've found my preference. All of my Pro buddies kept telling me Crystal Serum Light. Finally when I got my hands on it, put it on the red R8, then ran my the back of my hand on the paint afterward, I instantly knew after all this decision making that this was the coating. Top CSL with EXO v4 and treat with Bead Maker regularly, and we have it. There are lots of great coatings on the market, but I don't want to be a retailer. I want to offer you the one I use. This is it.
What's in the box?:
- 30ml Bottle: This will do at least 2 car the way that I use it. You don't want to have a bunch of extra. The product won't last forever once you open it.
- Applicator: This one works, but I would suggest getting the Cquartz suede applicators I have in the store.
- Dripper: Works fine for me.
- Wipe the car down with CarPro Eraser. (You better have polished the car before you apply this or you aren't OG approved.)
- I have 2 of my 240GSM Lime Green Coating Removal Towels ready. One will be for an initial wipe and other for final wipe.
- Prime the Cquartz Suede Applicator on an Applicator Block.
- You don't need to use a ton of product. Just a few drops per 2' x 2' section. I apply in a cross hatch pattern. Check out the R8 video above.
- I'd do about two sections, then wipe off one, do another, wipe off the previous, repeat...
- THIS IS NOT LAYERABLE. One coat is all you need.
- Let cure for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, then apply a coat of EXO v4.
- After the first wash, use Bead Maker as your drying aid, and you'll be good to go.