These are the new D-A Pads from RUPES. The biggest change you'll notice is the shape.
The 3", 5", and 6" pads are all sold and priced individually.
There are dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of choices of foam pads on the market. There are different colors, densities, shapes, sizes, surface types, etc. So which one do we buy? I choose these RUPES pads for a few reasons:
- These have been designed and tested specifically to be used with long throw polishers, so they can withstand the heat and lateral forces that beat up the structural integrity of the foam.
- I've been using these since RUPES first launched them and now the color codes are ingrained in my brain: Blue - Heavy Polishing, Green - Medium, Yellow - 1 Step or Finishing, White - Finishing.
As much as I like complete sets, I only find the Yellow and White pads necessary. Combine those two and a bunch of Meguiar's Microfiber Cutting Pads, and you should be able to tackle almost any situation. Sizing is a bit confusing, but it works like this.
- 3" Pad = Fits 3" backing plate and has a 4" face.
- Use with LHR75E (Mini)
- 5" Pad = Fits 5" backing plate and has a 6" face.
- Use with LHR15ES, MKIII, LHR12E (Duetto)
- 6" Pad = Fits 6" backing plate and has a 7" face.
- Use with LHR21ES, MKIII
These pads are designed to be used with dual action random orbitals, specifically long throw machines. They aren't recommended for rotary or forced rotation.