The P-164 is the hose bibb you'll find all around the exterior of my house, I consider it their flagship bibb because of the value it brings to the table for the cost. Some key features I like about the P-164 are that it's a freezeless, anti-siphon bibb with a backflow check valve. It's also nice that it's just roughly a quick quarter-turn of the aluminum soft-grip rubberized handle to get the valve 100% open. The body of the P-164 is 100% brass but with a satin nickel plating which gives an attractive but also durable protective finish. If you're looking for a hose bibb that will last for life this will be your best candidate. What's nice about Prier products is you can rebuild the internals of the hose bibb making it a true lifetime product!
These P-164 hose bibbs come with a type D seating option which is a 1/2” MIP x 1/2” SWT that requires you to bore a 1” hole. The 4" or 12" are recommended for locations where it gets really cold outside because the valve will be further inside the heated structure where something like the 1.5" close-couple bibb has the valve closer to the exterior elements.
The copper piping on the prier P-164 hose bibbs are at an angle so any water left in the pipe will drain out the outlet when the valve is closed and not risk being frozen in the pipe.
- Anti-siphon aluminum vacuum breaker with EPDM backflow preventer and backflow check valve
- Type D seating option - 1/2” MIP x 1/2” SWT
- Quarter-turn soft-grip coated cast aluminum handle
- Wide and enclosed screw holes easily secure mounting screws
- Integral cast flange with built-in drainage pitch
- Solid brass body, valve stem cap, seat and stem ends
- Satin nickel plated body maintains attractive finish
- Stainless steel screws
- Rebuildable internals
- Lock shield cap
- AFG teflon with graphite packing for easy maintenance
- Standard “OO” size seat washer
- Each valve air-tested at factory for leak-free quality
- Spout aligning mark with manufacturer’s date code
For Use as a Bucket Filler - Height Recommendation: Remember that the hose will carry a radius when hanging freely. In my wash bay, the P-164 is mounted at 45.75" from the floor to the center line of the mounting holes. That leaves the tip of the nozzle at 14.5" from the ground. I would suggest moving the bibb up another 1.5 inches since the Ultimate Nozzle is a bit longer than my old Adam's.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.