The P-118 is the cream of the crop hose bibb from Prier. It's one of their most expensive bibbs available due to being a hot and cold operation from one handle. The biggest feature about the P-118 is that it has an on-the-fly cold and hot adjustment that's inset on the front of the single flow control knob. Besides the very cool hot and cold operation the P-118 is also a freezeless, anti-siphon bibb with a backflow check valve. The body of the P-118 is 100% brass but with a satin nickel plating or oil rubbed bronze finish which gives an attractive but also durable protective finish. This hose bibb is a lifetime investment for your property, one of those buy-it-once products. What's also nice about Prier products is you can rebuild the internals of the hose bibb making it a true lifetime product!
These P-118 hose bibbs come with a type L seating option which is a 1/2" raw copper pipe end.
The P-118 can provide a year round freezeless operation due to the bibb valve being connected to the water supply pipe in the heated section of the structure (Your house or garage). These are recommended for locations where it gets really cold outside because the valve will be further inside the heated structure where something like a 1.5" close couple bibb has the valve closer to the exterior elements.
- Anti-siphon aluminum vacuum breaker with EPDM backflow preventer and backflow check valve
- Internal checks to prevent thermal migration
- Solid brass body, valve stem cap, seat and stem ends
- Satin nickel plated or oil-rubbed bronze body maintains attractive finish
- Stainless steel mounting bracket with screws
- Each valve air-tested at factory for leak-free quality
- O-ring seals for easy operation
- Ergonomic, rubber grip handle
- Positive shut-off of hot water during cold flow
- Rebuildable internals
For Use as a Bucket Filler - Height Recommendation: Remember that the hose will carry a radius when hanging freely. In my wash bay, the bibb is mounted at 45.75" from the floor to the center line of the mounting holes. That leaves the tip of the nozzle at 14.5" from the ground. I would suggest moving the bibb up another 1.5 inches since the Ultimate Nozzle is a bit longer than my old Adam's.