I carry this around with me pretty much everywhere I go. This light is what I use to inspect as I work - it will humble you pretty quickly. I keep a few of these at home and at OGHQ as it's perfect for an around the house light too!
Adding to the awesomeness of this product, the Obsessed Garage logo is laser etched onto the light.
For 2022 we've updated our regular PD35 Tactical to the PD35 V3. The only difference between the TAC and V3 would be their operating modes & you now have a battery indicator on the switch (The side switch is now nicer with a bronze ring around it and multi-color led in the middle of the switch which is now your battery indicator).
The improved PD35 V3.0 flashlight is destined to enrich the PD35 series flashlights. This light delivers a maximum of 1700 lumens at a distance of 357 meters. This Fenix PD35 V3.0 is compact but tough and features five output levels plus instant strobe. The dual switch design, tactical tail switch, and metal side switch- which also has a built-in battery level indicator, offer rapid and user-friendly operation. Ideally powered by one rechargeable 18650 Li-ion battery, it is also compatible with two cold-resistant CR123A batteries. All these highlights make the Fenix PD35 V3.0 very suitable for military use, policing, outdoor exploring, emergency lighting, EDC flashlight use, and more.
- 1700 lumens maximum output; 357 meters maximum beam distance.
- One Luminus SFT40 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- Included a 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery, compatible with 2*CR123A Lithium batteries.
- Boot-up battery level indication and low-voltage warning.
- Instant activation with the tactical tail switch; output selection with the side switch.
- Digitally regulated circuit for maintaining a stable output.
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating.
- Made of durable A6061-T6 aluminum.
- Premium type HAIII hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish.
Size: 5.28'' x 1.00'' x 0.90''
Weight: 2.95 oz. (84g) weight excluding batteries
Batteries: Included a 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery (with Micro USB port）
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting US
The tail switch is the tactical switch, and the side switch is the functional switch.
Slightly tap the tactical switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light will go out.
Fully press the tactical switch to constantly turn on the light, press once again to turn off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the functional switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to enter strobe, click once again to return back to General mode.
Boot-up Battery Level Indication
Each time the light is turned on, the battery level indicator will automatically display the battery status for 3 seconds.
Green constant on: saturated
Green flashes: sufficient
Red constant on: poor
Red flashes: critical
Note: This only works on rechargeable LI-ion 18650 battery.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
When the voltage level drops below 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator will display red and the flashlight blinks every three seconds to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will work until the battery runs out or
the battery over-discharging protection activates. Note: This only works on rechargeable LI-ion 18650 battery.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected brightness level on General mode. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be recalled.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo mode. When the light is overheated up to 65°C or above, the flashlight will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature; when the temperature is lower than 65°C, the output will gradually return to Turbo output level.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
- A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
- B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- A: The battery needs replacing.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.