We're now carrying a full solution for matte paints and films in the store, we're working with Dr. Beasley's to offer a full solution for owners of frozen / matte paint. From experience, we know matte paint can be a pain because you can not polish it without ruining the finish and if it's coated you're not going to be able to remove it until it has failed. We did a whole series of using Dr. Beasley's products on a black frozen M5, I suggest you check out the series to get an idea for what products should be used on your matte paint. Dr. Beasley's Matte Paint Coating Pro kit is like their normal coating but on steroids, the pro kit is specially formulated for matte paints and gives you at least 5 years of protection on your matte paint vs the normal 2 years of their other matte paint coating. The pro kit is also a self-healing so minor abrasions will even themselves out over time without the need for a heat gun! Dr. Beasley's paint coating has been approved by almost all major car manufacturers to be safe for matte or satin paint. You're protecting your matte & satin paint from stains, soiling, and contaminants all while preserving the finish to factory condition.
Application & Features
Directions for application:
- Ensure the vehicle's paint is clean and free of contaminants. Use Matte Body Wash to remove loose contaminants and Matte Paint Cleanser to spot clean any stubborn contaminants that remain.
- Spray Matte Paint Coating Prep onto a panel and remove with a microfiber cloth. This removes excess oils and provides anchor points for bonding.
- Wrap the suede cloth around the foam block applicator and apply ~10 drops of Matte Paint Coating Pro using the included pipette on the cloth in a line.
- Wet the panel with distilled water, then move the applicator in vertical lines down the panel. After you've covered the panel with vertical lines, go back and repeat with horizontal lines. This cross-hatch pattern will ensure full coverage. Avoid getting the product in panel gaps.
- Let the product sit on the surface for 2-3 minutes and then remove with a microfiber towel.
- Repeat steps 2-5 on each panel until all the painted panels are protected. Reapply several drops of Matte Paint Coating Pro on your applicator after a few panels.
- After coating, leave the vehicle undisturbed for one hour.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.