No, I’m not abandoning my beloved Kranzle K1322TS pressure washer for the AR630-TSS. For my new house, I decided that I wanted to do the AR Blue Clean AR630-TSS Custom Install Solution instead of my Kranzle Custom Install Solution. I’ve built out a plethora of videos on the Kranzle so I figured it was time to give the AR630-TSS some love.
So, why is the AR630-TSS a good option? Well, it’s versatile. You can use a 3.5 orifice for high pressure, 5.0 for lower pressure but more flow. If you haven’t heard me say this enough, I’ll say it over and over again - flow is King.
This pressure washer is heavier duty/industrial, however, the build quality is not as good as a Kranzle. Think of it this way, the Kranzle is a Ferrari and the AR is a Corvette. The AR definitely has more output than the Kranzle and will also need a dedicated 20-amp circuit. Both are powerful with viable components but one functions and looks better.
AR Blue North America sells this version of the AR-630-TSS in two different versions. Standard and HOT. The HOT version of this pressure is not necessary. You’ll be lucky to get 120 degrees from the hot water supply in your home. This unit is good to 150 degrees. So, we get what is called the AR-630TSS without all the extra stuff we don’t need that brings the cost down quite a bit.
What was surprising to me during my testing of the AR is that it actually has more output than the Kranzle. It needs a dedicated 20 amp circuit to run.
The foundation of this custom install solution was birthed out of my desire to have a dedicated wash bay for over 20 years. I thought that would be the most amazing thing in the world to be able to wash cars whenever I want, and not have to drag out a hose every time I wanted to get the job done. Two years ago, I started searching everywhere to find a solution that would not only be suitable but also be amazing.
There are a couple of obscure on-wall semi-complete systems out there, but I wanted something better. I knew I'd have to piece it together and build it myself if it was going to check all my boxes.
After beating my head against the wall trying to do this, I ended up choosing the massive (in size & expensive) Kranzle K165STS (now the Kranzle KWS700TS) that was on my wall in my dedicated wash bay. Add in tearing the walls apart for bracing and 30A wiring to support 200 lb, boom pole, dozens of tried and failed parts like hoses, wall plates, and quick disconnects, a bunch of Mosmatic parts like buying the wrong boom pole and having to buy a second one; and we are in the $10,000 neighborhood! In other words, very very few people are going to do that all in the pursuit of the amazing result I've been able to obtain. I get that.
There are quite a few drawbacks to my expensive wash bay solution.
- The massive Kranzle runs on a 30-second delay. Meaning, after the trigger is released, it runs for 30 seconds before it shuts off. Think about washing your wheels. Just when the pump turns off, you end up restarting it to wash the next section. It would be so much better if it turned off instantly. This is designed to run this way to protect the massive pump from starting and stopping too often.
- It's loud. The bigger, higher-flowing Kranzles are about as loud as an industrial air compressor. Part of the advantage to electric is to have the ability to wash at 6 AM and not wake the whole house and neighbors.
- The obvious one, expense. Without any of the laundry list of other supporting products you need to make this work, pumps are starting at $3500 and up.
Don't get me wrong. With the right conditions, you can't beat the high-end, high-flow/powered solution. I was on 6 acres with a detached wash bay, so those conditions were perfect. But, what if you have a normal, attached garage and want something on the wall, out of the way that you don't need to drag out every time you want to wash? What if you want to wash at 5 AM before heading to a car event on Saturday morning? I want the same things and wanted an on-wall system for OG Headquarters, but I don't want to drop ten grand on it.
So here we go...chasing a great solution that checks all the boxes. I get that seeing a photo of this complete and functioning looks easy, but I assure you, it will require more orders of part after part and trip after trip to the hardware store to eventually get this dialed in. This store has given me a platform to channel my obsession and save you the inevitable pain you would need to endure to get this right. But...keep in mind, this system doesn't just magically appear on your wall.
This solution is designed for the obsessed, not regular people. I'm going to save you a ton of money, trial, and error, and waiting for parts to arrive and get you 90% of the way there. But...you are going to have to work for the result. Picking the parts and pieces is the hard part, but you may need to hire a plumber or electrician and make a few trips to the hardware store to get this to fit your particular garage.
We've updated this solution to make it even better! We now have a matching blue jumper hose that mimics the 100ft High-Pressure hose that's on the new and improved Cox hose reel. The new hose reel features a stainless steel swivel instead of the former brass piece. We've added the OG Spec Mosmatic sprayer, wand, and nozzle to the solutions too! Be sure to read more about the OG Spec Mosmatic setup here!
We've also added new T304 stainless couplers and plugs that are made in Germany by Mosmatic. These are the highest quality fittings I've seen! The PF22 foam cannon has been upgraded to the new PF22.2 and will come equipped with a Mosmatic German-made T304 stainless fitting.
This solution is my answer to the “Why not make the custom install available for other great pressure washers?” We now have a pressure washer infrastructure that can be customized to our wants and needs.
FAQ & SupportInstallation Tips
“Custom” is the keyword. It really depends on your needs, the utilities that you’re working with, and how you’re going to have your end solution setup. You really want to get with a plumber if you need to because everything is going to be completely custom for your specific setup in regards to cut lengths and where everything is going to go. This package gets you about 90% of the way there, but that other 10% takes a bit of work to figure out. To give you a head start here are some dimensions for what we have on our wall here:
- Our water outlet is 22.5" off the ground and 13.5” to the left of the center line. I would recommend this as the absolute minimum distance from the center line.
- The CR Spotless is mounted with the top of the bracket at 43”.
- The top of the hose reel mounting bracket is at 61”.
- The top of the back of the metal shelf is at 68.5”.
- The power outlet should be about the same height as the shelf but to the right. Ours is lower than that because we didn’t move it. Its not ideal.
- Total width is roughly 30”.
We have some awesome videos on the YouTube channel that you'll want to watch if you haven’t seen them yet. A friend of ours in Colorado that has been building an awesome Morton Building garage to full OG Spec. Here’s the first video from when we were touring Nick’s Colorado Morton Building garage back in January 2019. Head to 17:50 for him talking about the Kranzle wall mount solution. You really want to do as much mocking up as you can.
Here’s the second video from when the next group was there March 2019. They start talking about all the pressure washer install at about 13:44.
This is a full, detailed install series of two regular obsessed dudes with limited tools and mechanical ability doing a custom install.
Mosmatic Wall Mounted Wand Holder: Take note this holder mounts to the wall at a slight angle. The lower part of the holder is angled closer to the wall than the top.
- The AR630-TSS ships from AR North America in Minnesota. Shipping is included in your purchase price. If you are in Canada, please select the “Canada” shipping option.
- You will get a shipping update from us that makes it look like everything has shipped together. If you purchase a quicker shipping service, this will not change the speed of when the pressure washer ships and gets delivered to you. The quicker shipping service only applies to accessories shipped from OGHQ.
- The pressure washer will be sent separately from the rest of the shipment. The accessories may arrive before the pressure washer, or vice versa.
- This will come in separate boxes. Some boxes come direct from OG, and the others come from AR North America and/or CR Spotless. This will show shipping charges in your cart for the part that comes from me.
AR Blue Clean AR630-TSS Operating Manual
What is the best pressure washer?
Why Should I Upgrade My Sprayer and Which One Should I Get? - Upgrading Your Sprayer
Pressure Washer Fittings 101: Fittings and QD Naming
Pressure Washer Fittings 102: Applications and Usage
Pressure Washer Fittings 103: Spray Nozzles
How To: Proper Layout and Setup for Kranzle Custom Install Solution.
Why is my gun or wand (1/4" Coupler) leaking from the outlet?
Why is my 3/8" coupler leaking from the end?
Why didn't I receive all of my garden hose quick disconnects? I only received two garden hose fittings!
Troubleshooting: Garden hose / inlet hose is leaking at the threads.
Some of the items in this package will be shipped from OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Some components will be dropshipped from supplier warehouses.