There is no other way to put this, Prevost Couplers are quite simply the finest in the world. This one is around $100, but I think it's worth every penny. It's a bit hard to explain how these work, but they have a press button soft release. Check the video above for a demonstration in operation. There is nothing else like this. This has 1/4" NPT threaded inlet and is Euro High-Flow standard outlet sizing.
- Prevo S1 Euro-High Flow Aluminum Body Swiveling Coupler: this is completely fluid and swivels in all directions on 2 axes.
- Includes a boot that covers the termination.
- This will screw directly onto the 1/4" NPT outlet of the hose.
- Body is composite polyester material
- O-ring for thread seal
- Service pressure range: 30 to 175 psi (not suitable for vacuum)
- Temperature: 5°F to 155°F
You will need to get Euro-High Flow plugs for your tools. It will accept both 1/4" and 3/8" male and female plugs in the store.
These fittings are not quite as simple as it may seem. There are many different types of fitting profiles for compressed air.
- Industrial Interchange ISO 6150 B (Blue)
- British (Orange)
- Truflate (Red)
- ARO 210 (Yellow)
- Japanese ISO 6150 C (Black)
- European High Flow (Green)
All of these fittings are different and are not interchangeable. Since I was starting from scratch, I've chosen to adopt the European High Flow Standard. The reason for choosing this profile is the opening is the largest and has the least amount of parasitic loss.
What that all means is that if you begin to use the Euro High-Flow Prevo S1 Couplers that I'm offering, you'll also need to replace any existing plugs installed on your tools. These are inexpensive enough to easily do that.
Prevost Model: ESI 071201SW. Sold individually.