When I first started sharing my detailing process on Rennlist in 2014, there was a guy that sent me his listing of preferred products to compare to what I was using. At that time I was simply adding some Adam's APC to Adam's Shampoo to aid in stripping the wax, sealant, or junk on top of whatever coating you have. He was adamant about trying Chemical Guys "Citrus Red." I bought a 16oz bottle and loved it.
CG discontinued Citrus Wash several years ago. After quite a few calls and emails, I got to someone in Wholesale sales that was nice enough to work with me. They were making small batches to provide us with the solution. I figured I'd get the call at some point that they were no longer going to make it for me. That day came. They provided me with one last run that I got in 55 gallon drums in the Summer of '18. That sold out in seconds.
Since I could no longer source it, I was forced to figure out how to get it. Now that I've headed down that path, I've decided to change the color to purple. When I think decontamination, I think purple. Also, the name made no sense. This has a pH of 10, so it is alkaline. Being Orange and called "Citrus" would imply that it was acidic with a pH below 7.
- This isn't pH Balanced, so I make sure not to let it dry on the paint.
- This is a solvent-based soap and is designed to strip and break down dirt, waxes, and sealants. Use only if you want to strip the paint of waxes and sealants.
- This does extremely well in a foam cannon and in your bucket.
- Rinse the car.
- Fill up the "Rinse" bucket.
- I add 150ml/5oz to my MTM PF-22.2 Foam Cannon and then fill the rest of the way by submerging the foam cannon bottle in "Rinse" bucket water.
- Foam the car. By proxy, I end up leaving the foam sit and run off the paint while I prep my "Wash" bucket. I do not rinse the foam off the car. I want it sitting there to break down the wax.
- Add about 2oz of soap to your wash pad. I use a Microfiber Madness Incredipad XL.
- Fill Wash Bucket that has the wash pad and soap with water.
- Wash the car using as little pressure as possible on the wash pad.
- Rinse to prepare for next step in the Decon process: Optimum Ferrex. (I always rinse with Deionzed Water.)
Ships from OGHQ Warehouse. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.