The low pile drying aid towel is considered the best microfiber towel for a drying aid application. The Rag Company has done a lot of testing with this product and found it to be the perfect GSM (grams per square meter), pile, and loop type for the drying process of your vehicle.
What I wanted in a towel was something that wasn’t crazy expensive. Now, these certainly are not cheap, but I wanted a towel that I could cycle through once a year and not feel terrible about it—along with that, having a towel that wouldn’t scratch the paint because this is a significant part of the drying process.
So, the way this works is, I just dried my car with my EGO leaf blower and want to add some lubrication to the surface while adding a sacrificial layer on top of my wax or coating - this is where the low pile drying aid towel comes in.
In my new process, I am doing an initial wipe down of my paint’s surface with a high pile drying aid towel followed by this one. The high pile towel will get the bulk of the drying aid off, including any water leftover from rinsing. The low pile towel will take care of anything leftover.
You can certainly use these as a glass towel, but I’m specifically using them for the drying process. Like most microfiber towels in my cabinet, I will have 20 of these ready to go.
Low Pile Drying Aid Towel
- 550 GSM: This is the weight per square meter of material. The weight does not necessarily mean thickness.
- 16" x 16"
- 70% Polyester (cheaper material) | 30% Polyamide (absorbent material)
- Microfiber Suede Edge
- Twisted Loop
- I don’t think it matters all that much, but these are Korean-made towels.
Microfiber Care Instructions
- Always wash new microfiber towels before first use.
- Wash only with other non-linting materials (no cotton) to maintain proper dirt-gripping properties.
- Always wash newer black, orange, red, and other dark-colored towels separately from lighter colored towels to mitigate the risk of dye bleeding.
- Machine wash with P&S Rags To Riches (free of dyes, fragrances, bleach, and softeners).
- Do NOT use chlorine bleach.
- Do NOT use any fabric softener as this clogs the microfibers and reduces performance.
- Tumble dry using low heat.
- Do NOT iron.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.