All of the towels I use are the culmination of many years of trial and error. As I'm sure you know, microfiber towels aren't cheap. I'd be ashamed if I actually added up how much I spent to get to this point. I know I can save you a lot of time, energy, and money by giving you access to buy exactly what I'm using on my cars.
This is considered the perfect towel for a drying aid application. The Rag Company has done a lot of testing with this towel and found it to be the perfect GSM, pile and loop type for an application of a drying aid like Bead Maker. While this towel is made to be used with Bead Maker you can also use it for another spray type sealants / drying aids that apply in the same manner. This towel also works well standalone on just glass, mirrors & smooth/shiny metals.
Number I have in my cabinet: 20.
Note: Since I buy in such volume, I'm able to get all of us better pricing than you'd get on your own. I sell these towels at the same price that you would pay if you bought them in bulk 25+.
The Specs That Matter:
- 550 GSM: This is the weight per square meter of material. The weight does not necessarily mean the thickness.
- 16" x 16"
- 70% Polyester (cheaper material) | 30% Polyamide (absorbent material)
- Microfiber Suede Edge
- Twisted Loop
- I don't think it matters all that much, but these are Korean made towels.
Microfiber Care Instructions:
- Always wash new microfiber towels prior to first use.
- Wash only with other non-linting materials (NO Cotton!) to maintain proper dirt-gripping properties.
- Always wash newer black, orange, red, and other dark colored towels separately from lighter colored towels to mitigate the risk of dye bleeding.
- Machine wash with Micro Restore detergent (free of dyes, fragrances, bleach and softeners)
- Do NOT use chlorine bleach
- Do NOT use any fabric softener as this clogs the microfibers and reduces performance.
- Tumble dry using low heat.
- Do NOT iron.