The multi-purpose towel is going to be your beater towel. I’m using this to clean my countertops, wipe off my dirty hands, and remove adhesive or tarminator that I’ve applied to my tires.
These microfiber towels have a single overlock stitch. They start on one corner and go all the way around. A lot of the cheaper towels are stitched on one side, where you’ll have four separate groupings of stitching, which means you can have four points of failure.
I am probably digging into this much deeper than I should for a towel you’re going to punt in the trash. But it’s me, and this is OG. We go deep on everything.
The Rag Company calls this their ‘Car Wash Towel,’ but I’m calling it our multi-purpose towel. It’s a softer towel that will do the job it’s intended to do. When you first get these, you’ll want to wash them using P&S Rags to Riches, but remember not to wash these with brightly colored towels as bleeding may occur.
I have 20 of these in my cabinet and will cycle through them a lot more than my other towels. Again, because these are beater towels, the lifespan on them will be relatively short. For the low cost, I’m not going to worry about replenishing them regularly.
Multi-Purpose Towel 3.0
- 320 GSM: This is the weight per square meter of material. The weight does not necessarily mean thickness.
- 16" x 27"
- 80% Polyester (cheaper material) | 20% Polyamide (absorbent material)
- Overlock Stitched Border
- Weave: Terry
- I don’t think it matters all that much, but these are Chinese-made towels.
Microfiber Care Instructions
- Always wash new microfiber towels before first use.
- Wash only with other non-linting materials (no cotton) to maintain proper dirt-gripping properties.
- Always wash newer black, orange, red, and other dark-colored towels separately from lighter colored towels to mitigate the risk of dye bleeding.
- Machine wash with P&S Rags To Riches (free of dyes, fragrances, bleach, and softeners).
- Do NOT use chlorine bleach.
- Do NOT use any fabric softener as this clogs the microfibers and reduces performance.
- Tumble dry using low heat.
- Do NOT iron.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.