Foam Cannons have become a very popular and debated topic for some time now. The car detailing industry has presented us with Foam Guns, Mezzo Wash Systems (which I hate), and other janky foam sprayers. Let’s not overcomplicate this decision on what foam cannon you should have in your arsenal. My choice for the best foam cannon is the MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon.
The MTM Hydro PF22 (or PF22.1) was first introduced in 2017. A uniquely shaped design that had its quirks, I still found myself loving it. What makes this thing awesome is that it has adjustable fan blades, and a two-stage nozzle allowing you to spray vertically and horizontally. Not to mention it’s stout and doesn’t tip over even when it’s empty. Whether you want to foam down your car, RV, or whatever, you can’t go wrong with this foam cannon.
I’m using this foam cannon for washing my cars and wheels. Here’s how it goes:
- I’m connecting it to my Mosmatic Spray Gun and foaming down my car - don’t forget to shake up your bottle or else you’ll suck up all the soap at the bottom
- I always have two of them - one I’ll fill with wheel cleaner for my wheels/tires and the other I’ll fill with car wash soap - I’m typically going to the third line in the bottle with my liquids (which is 150 mL) and then filling the rest of the bottle with water to 1000 mL
Keep in mind that you’ll be using your foam cannon with either a gas or electric pressure washer.
The Benefits of The MTM PF22.2
- It doesn’t tip over even when it’s empty
- The injection knob has this smooth click allowing for precise measurement of foam output
- Pattern adjustments - spray vertically or horizontally
- Sprays up to 20 ft
- Made in Italy - not a Chinese knock off
The cost is the cost. It’s not cheap. This is going to run you around $90. Think about this logically - you’re going to have this thing for many years to come. Make the necessary investment in having the complete car washing solution. For those of you who know me, you know that I spare no cost for functionality and quality.
Foam Cannon vs Foam Gun
Why would you choose a foam cannon over a car wash foam gun? Well, first, what’s the difference between the two?
- Foam Cannon: You’re connecting this to your spray gun that’s connected to either your electric pressure washer or gas pressure washer
- Foam Gun: You’re connecting this to your standard garden hose
There’s no guessing here which option I’m going to use. The foam cannon is far superior! Here’s why:
- Better Quality: Foam cannons, especially the MTM PF22.2 have a much better build quality
- User Experience: A foam gun has limitations. It doesn’t share the same adjustabilities as a foam cannon. With the PF22.2 I can control the amount of foam I’m spraying on my car
- Maximum Foam: This foam cannon has the ability to produce thicker foam with the adjustable fan blades
Building The Perfect Kit for Your MTM PF22.2
I’ve worked extremely hard to provide the world with what I believe is the best car detailing solutions around. My team and I continue to chase functional excellence and so far we are doing just that.
For those of you who are looking to upgrade your car washing experience, we have several options you can choose from. Whether you’re just getting started, a weekend warrior, or a seasoned professional, our kits are built for every application.
Here’s What You Need to Build Out Your Car Detailing Kit:
- MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon
- Complete OG Spec Mosmatic Swiveling Sprayer & Wand Solution
- Kranzle K1322TS Pressure Washer
- Obsessed Garage 3/8" High-Pressure Hose
- Koch-Chemie Gsf (Gentle Snow Foam)
- P&S Brake Buster Wheel & Tire Cleaner
- Obsessed Garage Drying Aid
- Microfiber Madness Incredipad XL
- EZ Detail Brushes
- Obsessed Garage Microfiber Solution
The Perfect Solution
All in all, I have searched high and low to provide you with the perfect car detailing solution. This should be a no-brainer. I’ve taken all of the guesswork out of what you and most other people would have spent hours upon hours to figure out.
This is the beginning of something magical. You and your car will thank me in the long run.
What You Get In The Box
When you purchase your foam cannon from me you’ll notice that I don’t include certain fittings in the box. Why? You won’t need them. If you’re ordering this for a Kranzle, Ryobi, Active, Karcher Pressure Washer or some other variant, just know that I am going to replace these parts with better ones.
What you won’t get from me:
- The fitting pack (2-pieces) containing a 1/4" M22 adaptor and 1/4" QD Zinc Plug
What you will get from me:1/4" Stainless Steel Plug. These will always be taped but not fully torqued depending on how you order it. You may have to man up and get a 14mm wrench for the base of the Plug and an 18mm for the head of the sprayer and tighten it down. I’ve used my foot to do this but would much rather use a bench vise.