RUPES debuted their revamped iBrid Nano line at SEMA and I'm now able to provide the option of selling the tool by itself or with the new Systainer case kit.
This is the Long Neck Kit which essentially gives you everything you'd need to get started since it includes pads.
This may sound counterintuitive, but as I continue to improve my polishing skills, I find myself using the Nano and the 3" Mini more and more often. Edgework and hard to reach places are where this tool shines. I have found it to be a must have to fully correct all surfaces on any of my cars and trucks.
Here is what is included in the kit:
- iBrid Nano Long neck: This includes the black plastic shroud that protects the counterweights for your orbital attachments.
- Systainer Case: This is a big upgrade from the original soft case.
- AC-DC adapter: This allows you to operate the machine through a power cord. I never use this, but it's nice to have as a back-up to keep your work moving.
- 2 - Rechargeable Batteries: The Nano runs for about 25 minutes on a single battery's charge. The charger takes 20 minutes to charge a battery. You get 2 of them, so you should be able to keep swapping when you are in the middle of a polishing project.
- 1.25" Plastic Backing Plate: This is what I use 95% of the time.
- 2" Plastic Backing Plate
- 6 - 1.25" Blue Foam Pads: I rarely use these, but they would be for use with a more aggressive polish/compound for cutting and scratch removal.
- 6 - 2" Blue Foam Pads
- 4 - 1.25" Yellow Foam Pads: This is what I most often use with Sonax Perfect Finish.
- 4 - 2" Yellow Foam Pads
- 150ml ZEPHIR (Coarse) Polish: This is the compound for more aggressive defects.
- 150ml KERMIK (Fine) Polish: This would be the finishing polish. It can't hurt to try them.
- Attachment Wrench: This is what you would use to install and tighten the 3 different attachments below.
- Rotary Function Unit: The is the little green extension. You gain a ton of control using this attachment while working on edges. Don't use with microfiber.
- 3mm Orbital Attachment: Blue small dual action random orbit generally used for the sanding discs.
- 12mm Orbital Attachment: Red larger dual action random orbit for use with wool or microfiber cutting. I most often use the tool with this attachment.
- Sanding Backing Plate (foam interface)
- 10 - 2000 Grit Adhesive Backed Sanding Discs
- 10 - 3000 Grit Adhesive Backed Sanding Discs
- 1.25" Horsehair Brush: I've never used either brush, but they are handy for interior work.
- 1.25" Nylon Brush
- 4 - Microfiber Towels: Nothing special here. I used them as scrap clean-up towels.
- Instruction Manual and Warranty Card
Here are the other products I think you will want to complement this machine:
- For Compounding and Heavier Correction
- Jescar Correction Compound
- 6 - 1.25" Lake Country HDO Microfiber Cutting Pads
- 6 - 2" Lake Country HDO Microfiber Cutting Pads
- 4 Pack of RUPES 1.5" Coarse Wool Pads
- 4 Pack of RUPES 2.5" Coarse Wool Pads
- 4 Pack of RUPES 1.5" Medium Wool Pads
- 4 Pack of RUPES 2.5" Medium Wool Pads
- For Finishing or 1 Step
- Sonax Perfect Finish: Use with Yellow Pads
- 6 Pack of RUPES 1.25" White Finishing Pads
- 6 Pack of RUPES 2" White Finishing Pads
These can only be shipped to the US.