Note: At times I will need to source other companies to provide these to you. Don't be alarmed if it looks a little different than the QDs that are in the photos and are a different brand.
Stainless steel quick disconnects(QD) are designed for higher pressure than us car guys will be using but will hold up much better to corrosion. Also, it looks much better and really doesn't cost much more.
- Inlet = 3/8" (National Pipe Thread) NPT Female: This 3/8" female threaded end screws into a male 3/8" connection.
- Outlet = 3/8" (Quick Disconnect) QD Coupler: This 3/8" female QD accepts a 3/8" male plug.
Kranzle K1122TST Hose Outlet -> Twist & Seal M22 X 3/8" Male Plug -> 3/8" Female QD Coupler -> 3/8" Stainless Plug -> Mosmatic Spray Gun Inlet
*Think... Water Coming In to Water Going Out
MTM offers a 60 day warranty for any possible defects with their products. Info about their warranty can be found Here.
To install your female 3/8" couplers on the ends of your Kobrajet hose (or other 3/8" NPT terminated hose) you will need the following:
1. Teflon tape (it is not recommended to use thread sealant)
2. 11/16" and 22mm for the hose. And 1" for MTM couplers. DO NOT use pliers, or adjustable wrenches. You will NOT be able to get the connection tight enough.
3. Workbench with vise is preferred, but not necessary.
1. Put 7 wraps of Teflon tape on the male ends of the hose.
2. Use the 11/16" wrench on the smaller end of the hose, and brace on the ground or clamp in a bench vise.
3. Use the 1" wrench to install the coupler by pushing against the other wrench. You will need to really put your weight into it and get it TIGHT to prevent leaking.
4. Repeat this process on the other end of the hose with the 22mm wrench on the swiveling hose end.
5. Connect to pressure washer and gun, check for leaks.