These woodworking solutions are for all the real men and women out there. I think everyone should have at least our basic solution in their garage, even if you’re only using it once a year. Hey, you never know when you'll need to slice through some wood.
You’ll see below a combination of saws, nailers, a sander, and a router - all backed by the magical power of Milwaukee’s batteries. We’ve also included the corresponding saw blade kits for each solution because you’ll need them.
My team and I have made this purchasing process super easy for our solutions. One of my biggest complaints with the Milwaukee catalog is how confusing it is to piece things together. You don’t have to worry; I’ve done that for you. I am saving you the frustrations I experienced and time. Uncle Matty’s got you.
Below, I’ll break down each package (basic, advanced, ultimate) so you know what you’re getting and if you need to step up to the next solution.
The first is our basic solution. What you’ll be getting here is:
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ 6-1/2" Circular Saw (Tool Only): Milwaukee makes a bunch of circular saws. The M12 version is a bit small if you’re trying to rip through giant pieces of wood, so having this M18 is the way to go. This smaller 6 ½” is perfect for smaller jobs. It features an integrated LED light and a rafter hook for convenient storage. It does include a blade and a blade wrench.
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ D-Handle Jig Saw (Tool Only): I’ve owned the Milwaukee Barrel Grip Jig Saw for a while, but I could never get used to the trigger or handle on it. This D-Handle Jig Saw has solved that problem. It’s a significant improvement in ergonomics and with the M18 system, it gives it excellent battery life. The saw features tool-less blade changes and tool-free bevel adjust with detents at 0°, 15°, 30°, and 45° - an LED light and on/off blower to keep the cut line visible while cutting.
- Milwaukee M18 Fuel SAWZALL® Reciprocating Saw: I think everyone should have a Sawzall in their garage cabinets. Specifically for those situations when you need to rip through material and other tools just won’t cut it. You’ll get the same power as a corded tool with the added convenience of the M18 system. It also has a keyless blade clamp, which makes swapping blades extremely quick and easy.
- Milwaukee Jig Saw Blade Kit: I needed to order all of the accessories to see what I might need and in turn what you’d need. These are high-carbon steel/bi-metal blades with a better tooth shape for smoother and faster cutting. One of everything you need is in this kit with no extra fluff.
- Milwaukee 6-1/2" Circular Saw Blade Kit: These blades have an anti-friction coating keeping the blade cool while cutting and resisting corrosion and gumming. A thin kerf design delivers faster cuts and more cuts per charge when using a cordless tool.
- Milwaukee Sawzall Blade Kit: This blade kit contains an assortment of standard wood and metal cutting saw blades. The metal cutting blades feature TOUGH NECK™ ribs that strengthen your blade’s tang and minimize breakage.
This solution will be something you want to have in your arsenal, as I mentioned before. It’s pretty freaking awesome. We add some more awesomeness with our advanced solution - what you’ll get, including the basic solution, is:
- Milwaukee M12™ 3/8" Crown Stapler (Tool Only): This crown stapler is one of those tools you never know when you’ll need but will be glad to have it in your cabinet. It can handle 3/8" crown staples from 1/4" to 9/16". It also has a sequential mode that lets you fire several staples sequentially. An easy squeeze trigger designed to reduce fatigue associated with traditional hand staplers.
- Milwaukee M12™ HACKZALL Recip Saw: A compact, one-handed design gives you superior control and can make cuts in tight spaces. Its lightweight design is optimal for overhead cutting applications - with the M12™ REDLITHIUM™ XC4.0 Battery Pack, you’re getting more work per charge and more work over the life of the pack compared to other batteries.
- Milwaukee M18™ Random Orbit Sander (Tool Only): I don't do a lot of woodworking, but a sander is one of those tools you should keep in your cabinet because you’ll never know when you need one. It has the same output as a corded sander and allows you to dial in the speed ranging from 7,000 to 12,000 RPM. It uses standard 5-inch sanding disks and also comes with a universal hose adapter for use with your favorite shop vacuum.
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ 16ga Angled Finish Nailer: Milwaukee makes two different 16ga finish nailers, a straight and an angled. This version is the angled nailer, which gives you the performance of a pneumatic but with the convenience of being M18-powered. It has zero ramp-up time and can do three nails per second. You can adjust the depth without a tool and it has two firing modes, sequential and contact actuation.
Here we are at the ultimate solution. My favorite solution, of course. Overkill? No. Check out what you’re getting in addition to the basic and advanced solutions:
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ Compact Router (Tool Only): I don't think I've ever used a router and most likely never will, but for those of you who are real men and do woodworking, a compact cordless makes a lot of sense. It gives you the same performance as a corded router and generates 1.25 peak horsepower. It also has a dust extraction attachment to use with your favorite work vacuum.
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ 8-1/4" Table Saw w/ One-Key™: When I was unboxing the M18 table saw, I wasn't sure if it was a necessary tool. But, after playing around with it for a while and realizing it has the same power as a corded table saw, I decided it'd be good to have around even if it's only used once a year. The added benefit of it being cordless is it can be used anywhere. The kit also comes with an HD12 battery pack so even if you don't use the saw all the time you'll have the biggest M18 battery available for other tools.
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ 12" Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw: The chances of me using this miter saw are slim, but I figured why not add it to this ultimate solution. It generates the power of 15amp corded saws and is designed for professional carpenters, remodelers, and general contractors. None of which I am. It has the same capacity as a corded 12-inch miter saw, providing you with the ability to perform all of your critical applications while increasing your portability, efficiency, and productivity.
- Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ 30 Degree Framing Nailer (Tool Only): This framing nailer can sink full round head nails into dense engineered lumber to tackle the most demanding framing applications. The M18 FUEL 30 Degree Framing Nailer delivers pneumatic performance and durability that professional carpenters and remodelers expect, without the hassle of a compressor and hose or gas cartridge.
- Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ 30 Degree Framing Nailer Extended Capacity Magazine: If the stock magazine isn't large enough for you, then you'll want to pick this up. It takes two full strips of nails which should give you plenty before you have to reload again.
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ 18GA 1/4" Narrow Crown Stapler (Tool Only): I didn't think I'd need a crown stapler but when I used it, I thought it'd be pretty handy to have around. It has zero ramp-up time and can sink staples into hard and soft materials. It also has a sequential firing mode which makes sending staples into material quick and easy.
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ Rear Handle 7-1/4" Circular Saw: This is the industry standard size 7 1/4" inch circular saw. You can use this for rough framing or ripping sheet wood - all the standard stuff you’d use a circular saw for.
- Milwaukee M18™ FUEL™ Compact Band Saw (Tool Only): Milwaukee makes multiple versions of the band saw and the M12 option is a bit small if you're trying to rip through giant pieces of wood, so M18 is the way to go.
- Milwaukee M18™ Battery: REDLITHIUM™ (HIGH OUTPUT™ CP3.0 2 Pack): The CP batteries are the lightest and most compact. They deliver 50% more power and run 50% cooler than previous CP packs.
- Milwaukee 8-1/4" Table Saw Blade Kit
- Milwaukee 12" Miter Saw Blade Kit
- Milwaukee Band Saw Blade Kit
- Milwaukee 7-1/4" Circular Saw Blade Kit
The amount of time I spent putting all of these solutions together will be well worth the experience you’ll have purchasing and using them. Having the best tools along with the best solutions separates us from our competition. I think most of you will appreciate how well we’ve packaged these products and also how many tools we’ve included. It’s legit.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.