I didn’t realize how important it was to have a wheel detailing stand until I needed one. Mr. Obsessed here was prepping his wheels and tires on a trash can top, which is not the preferred method. Like always, I hoped that somewhere there was a product that could be the solution to my problem.
When I say wheel and tire prepping, I’m referring to preparing my wheels for a wheel coating. I like to denib my tires, clean them with a tar and sap remover, apply a wheel coating and then dress them with tire dressing. You can see this complete process by checking out the coating and tire dressing video I did a while back.
Sam Graves (founder and CEO) did a fantastic job in the original design and this redesign. The 3.0 version is far better in quality and functionality. You’ll see this one is constructed of steel instead of aluminum - making it sturdier and able to handle bigger wheels.
The amazingness of this variant of the wheel detailing stand in comparison to the fixed base version we sell is the base swivels. Sam took the time to refine this feature making it more smooth with the addition of a lazy susan. This piece between the bottom plates allows it to move quieter, have more friction, and be more stout.
It took some time to get this thing to where it is now, but it is well worth the wait. I think many of you will appreciate the quality of this stand and the time you will save using it. One thing to keep in mind with creations like this is that this is a tool made in small batches so it may have small bumps, light marring, uneven texture, or small touched-up spots in the powder coat but I'm telling you, this thing is awesome.
- The perfect benchtop wheel detailing stand that rotates to allow access to both sides of the wheel without having to pick up the wheel to rotate it and includes a rear support arm for added support and safer movement.
- A heavy-duty swivel plate allows easy and quiet rotation while providing enough friction to prevent the stand from rotating freely without control.
- All powder-coated steel plates and rollers and stainless-steel fasteners for optimal corrosion resistance and premium performance look.
- Support arm for leaning wheels back for extra stability and wheel safety.
- Adjustable rubber feet are standard for a solid base or optional stainless-steel casters for easy movement of wheels on the stand and total lock capability to prevent caster rolling and rotating to lock the stand in place when needed.
- Optional vertical rollers on the front and rear to prevent potential wheel walking off the stand during use.
- Dimensions: 19x16x8
- Weight: 32lbs
Warning: Wheels can sometimes walk forward/backward as they are spun on the rollers. This is due to tires not being a perfect cylinder and gaining uneven traction one way or another as they spin. Always be aware as you are working.
Note: This will ship in two boxes, one for the base and one for the support arm.
This item is dropshipped from The Source Garage in Wisconsin. Shipping is free.