I’ve been chasing a custom wood top solution for a while now. It all started coming together when I met Marc from BlueTree and worked with them to build the awesome split U-shaped desk for the garage here at OGHQ. The quality of what they have been able to create is really great, and now we’ve been able to create these new Obsessed Garage branded Custom Wood Work Tops for all of the favorite cabinet choices here at OG. We have all the popular sizes available for Sonic MSS, Sonic MSS+, and Saber cabinets. Plus some extra sizes not normally available in the standard Stainless options.
If you’re wanting to take your cabinet array, or even your office desk, to the next level, these worktops are super legit.
One thing to note: The color of your top will vary! The wood used in each custom top will have some variation and will absorb stain differently depending on the day, humidity, denseness, etc. Expect for your top to not look exactly like what you see in the photos! My desk worktop came a bit darker and more blue than the sample photos show, but still looks incredible.
- Choose your size. The Sonic MSS+ sizes line up to cover the following cabinets and combinations:
- 360mm = 360mm
- 720mm = 720mm, or 360mm + 360mm
- 890mm = 890mm
- 1441mm = 720mm + 720mm
- 1540mm = 1540mm
- 1611mm = 890mm + 720mm
- 1781mm = 890mm + 890mm
- 2162mm = 720mm + 720mm + 720mm
- 2261mm = 720mm + 1540mm
- 2332mm = 720mm + 720mm + 890mm
- 2431mm = 890mm + 1540mm
- 1060mm = 1060mm Corner
- Choose your color.
- Ashton. This is a very light, pale color. Has a bit of a natural dirty look and should wear very well. It’s unique but I wanted to have a lighter option for the setups that would work well with it.
- Charcoal. This is reminiscent of a darker walnut stain. It's a very nice dark and modern looking top. This can really give your setup a high-end feel.
- Gray. This is the color that I have on my desk in OGHQ. There is a hint of a blue undertone due to the stain mix and each top will vary slightly. This is my favorite by far.
- Jacobean. This is a modern take on a classic stain color. It’s vibrant with more orange and brown than the other colors but looks really awesome. If you’re a butcherblock kind of guy, this may be a good choice for you.
The Specs That Matter:
- Wood Type: Hard Maple.
- Top Thickness: 1.625”
- All tops utilize a solvent-based penetrating stain.
- 3 coats of catalyzed conversion varnish clear coat for a satin finish.
- Durable finish and resistant to water.
FAQ & Support:
- These ship via freight in a custom built wood box.
- Place your order and we will send you a shipping invoice for the freight cost after we get an accurate quote.
- Expect to pay anywhere between $300-$1200 depending on how large the top is that you’re purchasing, and where you are shipping to.
- If you are in Canada: It is highly recommended that you find a good US based customs broker that we can ship this to rather than shipping directly to Canada. This goes for all of our freight shipped items.
- Lead time is 3-4 weeks.
This item is dropshipped from BlueTree in Missouri. Shipping will be calculated at checkout for most addresses. If you cannot get a shipping quote, please reach out to support for a quote.