There is no other way to put this, Prevost Couplers are quite simply the finest in the world. This one is around $100, but I think it's worth every penny. It's a bit hard to explain how these work, but they have a press button soft release. Check the video above for a demonstration in operation. There is nothing else like this. This has 3/8" NPT threaded inlet and is Industrial standard outlet sizing (Which is ISO 6150B - What you'll usually find at local hardware stores).
- Prevo S1 Industrial Aluminum Body Swiveling Coupler: this is completely fluid and swivels in all directions on 2 axes.
- Includes a boot that covers the termination.
- This will screw directly onto the 3/8" NPT outlet of the hose.
- Body is composite polyester material
- O-ring for thread seal
- Service pressure range: 30 to 175 psi (not suitable for vacuum)
- Temperature: 5°F to 155°F
You will need to get Industrial plugs for your tools. It will accept 1/4" Industrial male and female plugs in the store.
These fittings are not quite as simple as it may seem. There are many different types of fitting profiles for compressed air.
- Industrial Interchange ISO 6150 B (Blue)
- British (Orange)
- Truflate (Red)
- ARO 210 (Yellow)
- Japanese ISO 6150 C (Black)
- European High Flow (Green)
All of these fittings are different and are not interchangeable.
What that all means is that if you begin to use the Industrial Prevo S1 Couplers that I'm offering, you'll also need to replace any existing plugs installed on your tools. These are inexpensive enough to easily do that.
Prevost Model: ISI 061202SW. Sold individually.