Halo V2 is now available. This is the remaining stock for Halo V1.
Ceramic Coating for PPF
- Not as easily installed
- Very difficult to remove if you installed it incorrectly or don't want it on the PPF any longer
- More susceptible to mineral deposit or water spots
- Lasts longer than waxes or sealants, but may not look as good
- Generally requires more detailed maintenance to keep looking proper
Picking a coating is not as cut and dry as you might think. It wasn't an easy decision for me to decide what coatings I wanted to offer, especially now that I've decided to sell the PPF coating I have on my GT3 RS. Gtechniq CSL and EXOv4 have been excellent coatings, so testing and selling HALO is a no brainer since I've started doing PPF on most of my GT cars.
Above I attached a video from my friend Billy at Presidential Detailing, they go over the whole process of coating the PFF with Gtechniq HALO. Billy does a good job of explaining how to correctly apply HALO. I suggest you watch the whole video before you try and take this task on yourself.
HALO enhances the performance of Paint Protection Film (PPF) and vinyl. It’s a chemically bonding, ultra-dense flexible film that becomes the permanent surface of the film – protecting it from the elements a car faces on a daily basis.
The density of the coating and its low surface energy improve dirt and water repellency of PPF or vinyl. It also helps to prevent staining from dirt ingression, as well as reducing yellowing caused by UV rays.
Overall, HALO keeps the PPF looking in a much better condition and makes it much easier for people to keep their car clean following PPF/ vinyl application.
Rigorous real-world and laboratory testing has proven HALO to be compatible with all types of gloss, matte, and satin vinyl and PPF. It is also proven to work on self-healing films.
- HALO can be used on gloss, satin, or matte finishes.
- Wipe the PPF down with CARPRO Eraser or Gtechniq Panel Wipe.
- I have 2 of my Coating Removal Towel 3.0 ready. One will be for an initial wipe and other for final wipe.
- Prime the CARPRO Foam Suede Microfiber Applicator on an Applicator Block.
- You don't need to use a ton of product. Just a few drops per 2' x 2' section. I apply in a cross hatch pattern.
- I'd do about two sections, then wipe off one, do another, wipe off the previous, repeat...
- HALO can have two coats applied for the best results, but one is also fine.
- Let cure for at least 12 hours, preferably overnight.
- After the first wash, use OG Drying Aid, and you'll be good to go.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.