I’ve made mention of this module in some of the amplifier product descriptions on the site. The MDC HDM-2 or Modular Design Construction by NAD was designed for upgrading to the latest technology by simply installing it into your stereo amplifier.
The latest MDC module from NAD adds HDMI switching, allowing you to run HDMI in and HDMI out on your amplifier. It sounds kind of clunky, but it’s the way to go, especially if you want to run Apple TV with an amp like the C368.
- Add-on module for select NAD stereo components
- Compatible with NAD C390DD, C368, C388, M12, M32, and C658
- HDMI audio/video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Supports HDR10
- Supports ARC (Audio Return Channel) and CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) for easy integration with existing components and remote controls
- PCM resolution: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Supports 2-channel audio-only; does not decode surround sound
- HDMI video is pass-through only; no on-screen display for metadata during BluOS playback
Ships from OGHQ Warehouse. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout. Our audio solutions will be fulfilled as products are available, so shipments might be delayed. Audio products are subject to a 15% restocking fee.