If you’re looking to get into bigger, more expensive speakers or if you want more amplitude, clarity, and mid-bass punch, you’ll want to add theNAD C388 to your audio setup. This digital amplifier delivers a solid 150-watts per channel, which makes it a top pick in my eyes.
It’s identical to the NAD C368; however, the output is what distinguishes the two (the C368 does 80-watts per channel). I will always lean towards more power, so this would be the amp I’d recommend you get.
The sound on this thing is terrific. I think it sounds better than the M33 I have in my garage in many ways. It uses an advanced Class D amplifier for undeviating performance. It’s equipped with BluOS, which allows you to enjoy 24-bit high-res music directly from your phone without any loss of sound quality.
For me, I’m not buying this for the multi-room feature - it’s strictly for my garage application because that’s where I listen to music the most outside of being in my car.
All the amplifiers I sell on the site are Matty picks but this is without a doubt a favorite.
What You Get
- NAD C388 Owner's Manual
- Hybrid Digital DAC Amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- MDC BluOS 2i module (pre-installed)
- 2 Antennas
- Remote control (SR 9)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- USB/WiFi dongle
- 41" USB extension cable
- Quick Setup Guide
- Mounting Instructions
- Warranty Information
- 150 watts x 2 channels into 8 or 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.009% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Class D Asymmetrical PowerDrive amplifier design
- Connects to your home network via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi for music streaming
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music (via future firmware update)
- BluOS compatibility for further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- Compatible file types: MQA, MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as a CD player
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible device or wireless headphone listening
- Independent built-in high-output headphone amplifier
- 2 MDC (Modular Design Construction) slots for adding additional capabilities and features (one slot has the pre-installed BluOS module)
- Remote control
- Compatible with leading third-party control systems like Control4, Crestron, RTI, and URC
- Ethernet port for wired connection to a home network
- USB (Type A) input for connecting USB thumb drives and compatible external hard drives
- second USB (Type A) input for connecting included Wi-Fi dongle
- USB mini (Type B) input for service only
- Four digital audio inputs (2 optical/2 coaxial)
- Three stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- Stereo RCA preamp output for connecting a separate amplifier or powered subwoofer
- RS-232C port for use with external controllers
- IR in/out and 12-volt triggers
- Full-size headphone jack
- Two pairs of binding post speaker connectors for A and B speakers
- Detachable power cord
Dimensions and warranty:
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- 17-1/8"W x 4-3/4"H x 16-5/8"D (6-3/8"H w/antenna)
- Warranty: 2 years
Shipping & Returns
The NAD C388 is fulfilled as available, so shipments might be delayed. Ships from OGHQ Warehouse. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout. NAD products are subject to a 15% restocking fee.