If you’re looking to get into bigger, more expensive speakers or if you want more amplitude, clarity, and mid-bass punch, you’ll want to add theNAD C388 to your audio setup. This digital amplifier delivers a solid 150-watts per channel, which makes it a top pick in my eyes.
It’s identical to the NAD C368; however, the output is what distinguishes the two (the C368 does 80-watts per channel). I will always lean towards more power, so this would be the amp I’d recommend you get.
The sound on this thing is terrific. I think it sounds better than the M33 I have in my garage in many ways. It uses an advanced Class D amplifier for undeviating performance. It’s equipped with BluOS, which allows you to enjoy 24-bit high-res music directly from your phone without any loss of sound quality.
For me, I’m not buying this for the multi-room feature - it’s strictly for my garage application because that’s where I listen to music the most outside of being in my car.
All the amplifiers I sell on the site are Matty picks but this is without a doubt a favorite.
- 150 watts x 2 channels into 8 or 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.009% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Class D Asymmetrical PowerDrive amplifier design
- Connects to your home network via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi for music streaming
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music (via future firmware update)
- BluOS compatibility for further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- Compatible file types: MQA, MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as a CD player
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible device or wireless headphone listening
- Independent built-in high-output headphone amplifier
- 2 MDC (Modular Design Construction) slots for adding additional capabilities and features (one slot has the pre-installed BluOS module)
- Remote control
- Compatible with leading third-party control systems like Control4, Crestron, RTI, and URC
- Ethernet port for wired connection to a home network
- USB (Type A) input for connecting USB thumb drives and compatible external hard drives
- second USB (Type A) input for connecting included Wi-Fi dongle
- USB mini (Type B) input for service only
- Four digital audio inputs (2 optical/2 coaxial)
- Three stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- Stereo RCA preamp output for connecting a separate amplifier or powered subwoofer
- RS-232C port for use with external controllers
- IR in/out and 12-volt triggers
- Full-size headphone jack
- Two pairs of binding post speaker connectors for A and B speakers
- Detachable power cord
Dimensions and warranty:
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- 17-1/8"W x 4-3/4"H x 16-5/8"D (6-3/8"H w/antenna)
- Warranty: 2 years
Ships from OGHQ Warehouse. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout. Our audio solutions will be fulfilled as products are available, so shipments might be delayed. Audio products are subject to a 15% restocking fee.