Batteries are not included - you can purchase the Fenix 3500MAH 18650 battery separately. NOTE: The PD35 will not work with flat-top 18650s!
I carry this around with me pretty much everywhere I go. This light is what I use to inspect as I work - it will humble you pretty quickly. I keep a few of these at home and at OGHQ as it's perfect for an around the house light too!
Adding to the awesomeness of this product, the Obsessed Garage logo is laser etched onto the light.
For 2020 we've updated our regular PD35 Tactical to the PD35 V2. The only difference between the TAC and V2 would be their operating modes & you now have a battery indicator on the switch (The side switch is now nicer with a bronze ring around it and multi-color led in the middle of the switch which is now your battery indicator). When going to the V2 you also get a little more throw, 200m vs 250m of beam throw.
New and improved, the PD35 V2.0 flashlight is destined to carry forward on Fenix’s most popular flashlight. Fitted with the Cree XP-L HI V3 LED, this light delivers a maximum 1000 lumens at a distance of 820 feet (250 meters). Turn the light on and off with the tail switch of the PD35 and cycle through the six lighting modes via the newly designed metal side switch—which also has a built-in battery level indicator. You can achieve an incredible 430 hours of runtime when using the new ECO brightness level. Compact and built-tough, the PD35 flashlight is IP68 rated; dust proof and waterproof flashlight underwater to two meters. Perfect for just about any outdoor or work activity, the PD35 is destined to be YOUR favorite light too.
- Cree XP-L HI V3 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Powered by one 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two 3V CR123A Lithium batteries (not included) – the battery indicator light only functions when using the rechargeable battery.
- Boot-up battery level indicator and low-voltage warning
- Digitally regulated output maintains constant brightness
- Reverse polarity protection, protects from improper battery insertion
- Anti-roll and anti-slip body design
- Tactical tail switch features instant activation
- Metal side switch for output selection
- Made of durable high-strength and oxidation-resistant 6061 aluminum
- Premium type HAIII hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with an anti-reflective coating
Length: 5.4″ (138mm)
Width: 1.0″ (25.4mm)
Weight: 3.1 oz. (88g) weight excluding batteries
Batteries: Two CR123A batteries or one 18650 Li-ion battery (batteries not included)
Included: Holster, lanyard, two spare O-rings, and spare rubber switch boot
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Guarantee from Fenix Lighting US
The tail switch is the tactical switch, and the side switch is the functional switch.
Slightly tap the tactical switch to momentarily turn on the light, release it the light will go out.
Fully press the tactical switch to constantly turn on the light, press once again to turn off the light.
With the light switched on, single click the functional switch to cycle through Eco→Low→Med→High→Turbo.
With the light switched on, press and hold the functional switch for 0.5 seconds to enter strobe, click once again to return back to General mode.
Boot-up Battery Level Indication
Each time the light is turned on, the battery level indicator will automatically display the battery status for 3 seconds.
Green constant on: saturated
Green flashes: sufficient
Red constant on: poor
Red flashes: critical
Note: This only works on rechargeable LI-ion 18650 battery.
Unscrew the tail cap to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the tail cap back on.
When the voltage level drops below 3V, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Eco output is reached. When this happens in Eco output mode, the battery level indicator will display red and the flashlight blinks every three seconds to remind you to replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will work until the battery runs out or
the battery over-discharging protection activates. Note: This only works on rechargeable LI-ion 18650 battery.
Intelligent Memory Circuit
The light memorizes the last selected brightness level on General mode. When turned on again the previously used brightness level will be recalled.
The light will accumulate a lot of heat when it is working at Turbo mode. When the light is overheated up to 65°C or above, the flashlight will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature; when the temperature is lower than 65°C, the output will gradually return to Turbo output level.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare．
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp’s performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
- A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer’s specifications).
- B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- A: The battery needs replacing.
If the above methods don’t work, please contact your authorized distributor.
This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone’s eyes.