The combo is to put Jescar Power Lock Plus as the base layer (polymer sealant) and top that with 2 coats of 845. You could certainly use this as a stand alone sealant, but I've found to only last a few months. The concept here is to get the sealant to bond with the paint, then the wax to bond with the sealant. Waxes and sealants don't always chemically play well together, but this and 845 are great together. As the 845 wears away, you'll still hopefully have the base layer of Power Lock Plus holding out for more longevity.
This looks better than anything else I've ever used outside of maybe Swissvax Concorso, but lasts a lot longer and is more durable. If you're not wanting to jump into coatings, Power Lock Plus and Collinte 845 is really legit.
The bottle is 1 Pint.
Here is how I use it:
- Prior to application, I'd recommend wiping the vehicle down with CARPRO Eraser or a 20% Isopropyl Alcohol solution to prepare the surface for sealant.
- Add a few very small pea sized dots to your applicator pad. I use Adam's Yellow foam applicator pad for this.
- I'll generally start on the hood working my way around the entire car. By the time I've applied to all of the painted surfaces (avoid trim and glass), you are ready to remove. Use sparingly, you don't need a lot of this stuff.
- I use the Wax & Sealant Removal Towel to wipe off.
- I would pay money to see your face after running the back of your hand across this stuff. Life-changingly smooth!
- After letting the layer of Jescar Powerlock Plus cure for 3 hours I'll add a coat of Collinite 845 wax to add depth and extra protection to this base layer of sealant.
- Maintain using OG Drying aid as your drying aid.
- I usually get 6-9 months of protection from this combo.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.