I've been using Meguiars Microfiber cutting pads for some time now, I liked them, but they became a little too familiar. So, I took another go at the Rupes Microfiber pads when polishing my GT3 Touring, and I found myself really liking them. When paired with Jescar Correcting Compound they seriously surprised me. Rupes Makes them in 3 styles Ultrafine, Fine, and Course. I generally only use the yellow fine one but it's nice to have the others for specific scenarios.
A couple of things to note when using:
- Microfiber, by design and make-up, grabs things and holds onto them. You'll want to have some kind of air source to blow out the pads often when using with a polish.
- I generally only get these out of the cabinet when I am going to get more aggressive. So I would typically use when I have scratches that won't come out with foam and a milder polish. Use with Jescar Correcting Compound, Scholl's S3 Gold, etc.
- I think it is important to prime these by spreading polish onto each fiber prior to use.
- Apply product uniformly to disc and work surface with a Dual Action Polisher at 4800opm.
- Clean disc frequently
- Deep clean disc by machine washing
I clean them in the sink using Koch Chemie Green Star APC after every use. If you take care of them, they generally last a long time. Don't wash with anything that leaves a residue behind that could affect the paint next time you polish. Dawn leaves something behind on the pads, so it is recommended you don't use that. I also rarely get them washed right after a day of polishing, so there is no rush to get most water-based polishes washed out.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.