I've been using these pads for a long time. When they stopped making the 3" version for about 6 months, I started to explore some other offerings, but I have always preferred the Meguiar's. Maybe the reason I like them so much is just familiarity, but there is no doubt these are really good. I've learned how most paints react to these with various polishes. Most commonly I will use this pad with Jescar Correcting Compound. Meguiar's also makes Heavy Cut and Finishing microfiber polishing pads, but I've never found a need for those. I only use this version that is called Cutting microfiber.
A couple of things to note when using:
- Microfiber, by design and make-up, grabs things and holds onto them. You'll want to have some kind of air source to blow out the pads often when using with a polish.
- I generally only get these out of the cabinet when I am going to get more aggressive. So I would typically use when I have scratches that won't come out with foam and a milder polish. Use with Jescar Correcting Compound, Scholl's S3 Gold, etc.
- I think it is important to prime these by spreading polish onto each fiber prior to use.
- Use with Meguiar’s Professional 6” Backing Plate
- Apply product uniformly to disc and work surface with a Dual Action Polisher at 4800opm.
- Clean disc frequently
- Deep clean disc by machine washing
I clean them in the sink using Koch Chemie Green Star APC after every use. If you take care of them, they generally last a long time. Don't wash with anything that leaves a residue behind that could affect the paint next time you polish. Dawn leaves something behind on the pads, so it is recommended you don't use that. I also rarely get them washed right after a day of polishing, so there is no rush to get most water based polishes washed out.
This item is shipped from our warehouse at OGHQ in Lady Lake, FL. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.