Note: At times I will need to source other companies to provide these quick disconnects to you. Don't be alarmed if they look a little different than the QDs that are in the photos and are a different brand.
I know this is an expensive upgrade in comparison to the cost of the SUNJOE pressure washers, but I'm telling you, this will completely transform your user experience. I have bought and tried dozens of hoses. I don't think the hoses from Amazon, Flexzilla, and others are enough of an upgrade to waste your time.
The SUNJOEs come with a 1/4" hose. In all my testing, I measured no difference in output in either pressure or flow with this 3/8" hose even with the 100' hose length.
See the bullet points below for what can connect on these pressure washers. Some of their fittings are proprietary and can't be adapted. Some of these also require you to either replace the hose or extend the hose.
- SPX202E, SPX1000, SPX2000, SPX2500, SPX2598: The hose will work with this, but you will need a new gun. The supplied SunJoe Gun has proprietary connection.
- SPX1500: This one has all proprietary connections. You can't adapt anything to it.
- SPX3000, SPX3200, SPX4000, SPX3500, SPX3000MAX: The hose works well with this set-up. It will work with the supplied SunJoe gun, but you will need an additional M22 15mm to 3/8" adapter and 3/8" Male Plug if you don't have those for the gun inlet.
- SPX3001, SPX4001: These have a hose reel. You have two options here. You can EXTEND the hose, or you can quit using the hose reel and REPLACE new hose. I recommend ditching the hose reel. It will work with the supplied SunJoe gun, but you will need an additional M22 15mm to 3/8" adapter and 3/8" Male Plug if you don't have those for the gun inlet.
- SPX3501: This has a hose reel. The only option is to extend the hose. It will work with the supplied SunJoe gun, but you will need an additional M22 15mm to 3/8" adapter and 3/8" Male Plug if you don't have those for the gun inlet.
These hoses will come with the appropriate quick disconnects needed for your pressure washer. They will be taped and torqued ready for use.
- Select your hose length.
- M22 Female to 3/8" Plug for pressure washer outlet. This is zinc plated brass. No one makes a stainless version of this yet.
- 3/8" Stainless female coupler is installed on the hose inlet. I like using the swiveling end of the hose for this side.
- 3/8" Stainless female coupler is installed on the hose outlet.
*You will need either a 3/8" stainless male plug for your aftermarket gun or M22 female to 3/8" plug for the SUNJOE supplied gun. This is not included with this hose.
Single Wire: 2-Wire hoses are much stiffer to be able to handle higher pressures. We don't need that for washing cars. The single wire design is much, much more pliable and easy to deal with. Add in one of my Swiveling Gun/Wand solutions, and your user experience is vastly improved. Less kink prone and easier to wind up on a hose reel.
- 4000 PSI
- 275° F Maximum Temperature Rated
- 5/8" Outside Diameter - 3/8" Inside Diameter
- 25', 50', 75', 100' lengths available
Smooth Jacket/Non-Marking Blue: This is good for when you want to avoid messing up your floor with marks. It's a little smoother than traditional pressure washer hoses, and the blue dye in it seems ideal for use on surfaces sensitive to hose marks. I have heard that it can mark up something really sensitive like a white painted floor, but it should be good to go on your driveway.
Rubber Bend Restrictors: These help prevent hose gashes and ruptures as well as covering up the termination. This makes it look really clean.
- The hose has one 3/8" NPT threaded Male swivel end and one 3/8" NPT threaded Male solid end.
Note: QUICK DISCONNECTS DON'T HAVE A PUBLISHED WARRANTY. These are wear and tear items. All QDs are available a la carte here. I would recommend having some back-ups for when they wear out.