Man, I forgot how much I liked this stuff. Griot’s Garage Engine Cleaner is the easiest way to clean your engine bay. It is specifically formulated to break down grease, grime, and other junk in your engine bay. You can use it in a bottle sprayer, but I prefer to use a foam cannon. I recommend that you get a couple of brushes so that you can reach the tight spaces in the engine bay.
Engine Cleaner will prep the engine for the dressing. I recommend CARPRO Perl diluted 1:1. That will give you a matte finish and make it look like new.
Here is how I use it:
- Protect sensitive areas with a plastic bag. (If needed. Most modern cars don’t.)
- Rinse off with a pressure washer.
- Foam the engine bay with Engine Cleaner in a foam cannon.
- Let dwell for a few minutes
- Foam again if needed, and then agitate with a brush of your choosing.
- Rinse with the pressure washer.
- Blow the engine bay out with an EGO Blower.
- Spray CARPRO Perl diluted 1:1 in the engine bay and let soak for a few minutes.
- Wipe off excess and level the finish.
If you follow these steps, you’ll have a super clean engine bay, and the plastics will have a matte finish. Engine Cleaner is a great product to make your engine bay look like new again.