A lot of you might know I don't care for wheel coatings because they just don't have the same behavior of a typical paint coating. In my eyes, the best wheel coating would be Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra, but that's a professional only item that's not for retail sale. So how did we end up with DLUX? I gave my friend Bradley Nilsen at Naples Auto Armour a call and asked him what the best wheel coating was, based on his experience. Of course, he says Crystal Serum Ultra! His best suggestion for a non-pro product was to use CARPRO DLUX and that you should do two coats of it for maximum protection. A bonus is that you can top DLUX with GLISS V2 which will act like an EXOV4 for your DLUX application!
Application & Features
Preparation for plastic:
- Make sure the surface is cool and dry. (Do not apply to hot surfaces or in direct sun.)
- Scrub surface with an all-purpose cleaner and microfiber towel.
- Rinse while agitating with a microfiber towel to remove all residue from APC.
- Dry surface.
- Wipe the surface with CARPRO Eraser, wipe dry, and then allow the plastic to evaporate 20 minutes before applying.
Directions for application on plastic:
- Wet the applicator with a strip of DLUX and spread evenly across a small area at a time.
- When applying it is VERY important to work one area in even as you go.
- Start in one corner and work out! Do not take on a huge area at once.
- Apply nice and even as you go. Do not try to spread too thin, but be sure to work it to an even coat in the first minute before moving to the next overlapping area. After a minute you should not be going back over that area.
- On textured trim do not wipe it off, just be sure you apply evenly as mentioned. (We do not recommend ceramic on brand new textured plastic)
* On smooth plastic you should wipe it off before it becomes too sticky. This results in a thinner coat that doesn’t last as long but on some smooth plastics there is not an easy way to apply it evenly.
Directions for paint and chrome:
- Wash thoroughly.
- Decontaminate with an Iron Remover.
- Polish surface as needed.
- Wipe-down with CARPRO Eraser.
- On wheels (metal, chrome, clear coat, etc) let cure 1 minute at 90F up to 8 minutes at 50F and use a Coating Removal Microfiber to wipe it off in a circular motion until clear.
- If a second coat on wheels is desired allow the first coat to cure for 1 hour before starting your second!
- Allow for curing 1-3 hours without water being introduced to the surface. If wet during the first 24 hours wipe off the water before it dries on the surface as a precaution.
- After 3 days you are free to wash with all your regular car washes.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves.
- Do not use it for other purposes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from heat.
- Do not ingest.
- Withstands temperatures of over 800F.
- Very simple to apply on textured plastics.
- Excellent UV protection on all exterior substrates.
- Versatility: Plastics, wheels, and rubber surfaces.
- Average use for 4 wheels and all plastic trim = 10ml.
- Plastic trim
- Rubber trim
- Engine bay
- Headlights, fog lights, & tail lights
- Metal trim
- Exhaust tips
- Plastic wheel wells
What You Get
1 - 30ML DLUX Wheel & Plastic
4 - Suede CARPRO Applicators
1 - CARPRO Applicator Block
Manufacturer DescriptionMade from quality high-grade organic silane, containing more than 50% pure silica! Unlike other trim products, CQUARTZ DLUX restores and protects for two years or longer by utilizing a unique nano composition that allows it to chemically bond to the pores of the trim! DLUX is also HIGHLY resistant to extreme temperatures making it the perfect product for protecting wheels. Traditional products wash off in a matter of weeks or months but CQ DLUX has been tested all over the world and continues to protect for month after month!
DLUX was engineered specifically for coating plastics as well as rubber and metal. It can be used on almost any wheel finish including clear coated, chrome, aluminum, and plastic. In my experience, DLUX leads the entire market when it comes to exterior plastic trim protection and it darkens the trim without leaving any unwanted slick greasy residue.
Ships from OGHQ Warehouse. Shipping costs calculated at checkout.