I've been thinking about doing this for as long as I can remember. I've wanted a dedicated wash bay for over 20 years. I thought that would be the most amazing thing in the world to be able to wash cars whenever I want, and not have drag out a hose every time I wanted to get the job done. Two years ago, I started searching everywhere to find a solution that would not only be suitable but also be amazing. There are a couple of obscure on-wall semi-complete systems out there, but I wanted something better. I knew I'd have to piece it together and build it myself if it was going to check all my boxes.
After beating my head against the wall trying to do this, I ended up choosing the massive (in size & expense) Kranzle K165STS that is on my wall in my dedicated wash bay. Add in tearing the walls apart for bracing and 30A wiring to support 200 lb, boom pole, dozens of tried and failed parts like hoses, wall plates, and quick disconnects, a bunch of Mosmatic parts like buying the wrong boom pole and having to buy a second one; and we are in the $10,000 neighborhood! In other words, very very few people are going to do that all in the pursuit of the amazing result I've been able to obtain. I get that.
There are quite a few drawbacks to my expensive wash bay solution.
- The massive Kranzle runs on a 30 second delay. Meaning, after the trigger is released, it runs for 30 seconds before it shuts off. Think about washing your wheels. Just when the pumps turns off, you end up restarting it to wash the next section. It would be so much better if it turned off instantly. This is designed to run this way to protect the massive pump from starting and stopping too often.
- It's loud. The bigger, higher flowing Kranzles are about as loud as an industrial air compressor. Part of the advantage to electric is to have the ability to wash at 6 AM and not wake the whole house and neighbors.
- The obvious one, expense. Without any of the laundry list of other supporting products you need to make this work, pumps are starting at $3500 and up.
Don't get me wrong. With the right conditions, you can't beat the high-end, high flow/powered solution. I'm on 6 acres with a detached wash bay, so those conditions are perfect. But, what if you have a normal attached garage and want something on the wall, out of the way that you don't need to drag out every time you want to wash? What if you want to wash at 5 AM before heading to a car event on Saturday morning? I want the same things and wanted and on-wall system for OG Headquarters, but I don't want to drop ten grand on it.
So here we go...chasing a great solution that checks all the boxes. I get that seeing a photo of this complete and functioning looks easy, but I assure you, it will require more orders of part after part and trip after trip to the hardware store to eventually get this dialed in. This store has given me a platform to channel my obsession and save you the inevitable pain you would need to endure to get this right. But...keep in mind, this system doesn't just magically appear on your wall.
This solution is designed for the obsessed, not regular people. I'm going to save you a ton of money, trial, and error, and waiting for parts to arrive and get you 90% of the way there. But...you are going to have to work for the result. Picking the parts and pieces is the hard part, but you may need to hire a plumber or electrician and make a few trips to the hardware store to get this to fit your particular garage.
For 2021, we've updated this solution to make it even better! We now have a matching blue jumper hose that mimics the 100ft Kobrajet hose that's on the new and improved Cox hose reel. The new hose reel features a stainless steel swivel instead of the former brass piece. We've added the OG Spec Mosmatic sprayer, wand, and nozzle to the solutions too! Be sure to read more about the OG Spec Mosmatic setup here!
We've also added new T304 stainless couplers and plugs that are made in Germany by Mosmatic. These are the highest quality fittings I've seen! The PF22 foam cannon has been upgraded to the new PF22.2 and will come equipped with a Mosmatic German made T304 stainless fitting.
What You Get/Specifications
Main Package: This is what comes with the main price. None of the Inlet Piping or Braided Stainless inlet hose is included here. This will require you to source your own plumbing from your water source or the use of an inlet hose.
- Kranzle K1322TS (built to my spec):
- 2.1GPM 1300PSI (we will be running at about 1150 PSI)
- 44 lbs
- Pressure Switch - instant on as soon as you pull the trigger and turns off when you release it
- 18" Wide x 8" Deep T304 Stainless Steel Shelf: I decided not to have holes put in the shelf. It is very easy to place the Kranzle where you want it, mark, and drill holes. I didn't want to lock people into placing it a certain way.
- Hardware: 6 Bolts, 6 Wing Nuts, 6 Anti-Vibration Loop Clamps: for mounting pressure washer, attaching power cord, and attaching the outlet hose to the shelf. Doesn't come with tapcons or lags for mounting shelf.
- 4000 PSI 3/8" FPT Blue 3' Jumper Hose: Comes with Mosmatic Stainless M22 Female Plug and Mosmatic 3/8" Stainless coupler to allow quick disconnect of hose from the pressure washer.
- Cox Hose Reel w/SS Swivel: This thing doesn't look like much, but it's industrial grade and very stout. Holds 100' 5/8" outside diameter hose. Is now available in 3 different colors (Blue, Black & Grey). The OG Stainless Steel Cox Hose Reel Mount is NOT included with this package, it can be found here.
- 100' Blue 1 Wire Non-Marking High Pressure Hose: Note - The new version 2 of this hose is dark blue. This is sourced through Veloci. They call it a Kobrajet, but it's simply a super high quality, relatively lightweight, 4000 PSI hose that is much more pliable than others I've tested. Plus, the termination and kink protectors are really nice. The hose will have a 3/8" coupler installed on the non-swiveling end of the hose so you can easily thread the hose into your Cox hose reel.
- Complete OG Spec Mosmatic Sprayer and Wand Combination w/ 4.0 sized 40 Degree Nozzle and MTM PF-22.2 Foam Cannon: This is the new Obsessed Garage developed and co-branded Mosmatic sprayer, wand, and nozzle package. I've been working with Jamie at Mosmatic for quite a while to develop this high end stainless compact swivel sprayer, wand, and nozzle solution. The nozzle brings down the pressure idea for washing cars while keeping the GPM nice and high. This includes all the new T304 SS fittings. This is about as good as it gets! I know many of you already have the gun/wand/foam cannon, so just shoot support an email if you don't need those and they can help you build a custom configuration.
- Optional - Mosmatic Wall Mounted Wand Holder: Take note this holder mounts to the wall at a slight angle. The lower part of the holder is angled closer to the wall than the top.
- Optional - CR Spotless DIW-20 High Output Wall Mounted System: This is the wall mount version that you would hard plumb to your water source and add valves to switch between DI and regular water.
Piping Solution: Now Available.
- This is an at your own risk purchase. I'm pretty sure aluminum will hold up to deionized water, but I haven't actually tested it. We have zinc plated, brass valves and aluminum pipe and fittings that aren't rated or tested for water. But, if these can hold air, I figure why not water. I'm using it on my system and wanted to offer you the same option.
- It includes the following: You will need a saw or pipe cutter to cut to length. I would recommend hiring a plumber to install.
- 3 - 33.5" Sections of Prevost 1" aluminum pipe.
- 1/2" Male Threaded 90 degree Elbow
- 1" Bent Pipe
- 2 - T-Unions
- 2 - Threaded Valves
- 2 - 90 Degree Elbow Unions
- Piping Ball Valve
- 1" Pipe to 3/4" Male Reducing Union
- 24" T316 3/4" Male Braided Flexline
- Stainless 3/4" 90 Degree Elbow (Brass Fittings Pictured)
- Brass 3/4" NPT to GHT Nipple
- MTM 3/4" Stainless Coupler Plug
- Prevost Spanner Wrench
- Prevost Neutral Hook Spanner (for valves)
- Prevost Basic Deburring Tool
- All of the units for the next batch have been allocated, if you place your order for one now it will be for the following Fall Batch.
- All Kranzle machines are shipped directly from our supplier in Maryland. Any accessories/fittings purchased with the machine are shipped from OG to Florida.
- You will get a shipping update from us that makes it look like everything has shipped together. If you purchase a quicker shipping service, this will not change the speed of when the pressure washer ships and gets delivered to you. The quicker shipping service only applies to accessories shipped from OGHQ.
- The pressure washer will be sent separately from the rest of the shipment. The accessories may arrive before the pressure washer, or visa versa.
- This will come in separate boxes. Some boxes come direct from OG, and the others come from KranzleUSA and/or CR Spotless. This will show shipping charges in your cart for the part that comes from me. Shipping of the Kranzle is included in the cost. Canadians, choose "Shipping to Canada" option in the drop-down box.
- Hawaii & Alaska Customers who select the options that include the CR Spotless will be receiving a Shipping Quote from the Support team for shipping. Your CR Spotless will take a few extra days to show up
- Shipping to Canada will be an extra $100. Just know you are going to get hit pretty hard with duties and taxes. The amount is unpredictable. I've seen a low as $50 and as high as $600. Keep that in mind when ordering.
- If you are looking to ship to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico, please Submit a Request for a shipping quote for the Kranzle machine and CR Spotless that are drop shipped. Please include your address in the request.
FAQ & Support
MTM offers a 60 day warranty for any possible defects with their products. Info about their warranty can be found HERE.
Kranzle offers a 1 year warranty for commercial use, and 2 years for home use. Info about their warranty can be found HERE. If you ever have a problem with your machine, reach out to us, not Kranzle. They will send you back to us since you bought it from OG. Before you send us an email though, try to work through the issues yourself in our troubleshooting section below. Sometimes it’s a simple fix if you’re having trouble.
“Custom” is the keyword. It really depends on your needs, the utilities that you’re working with, and how you’re going to have your end solution setup. You really want to get with a plumber if you need to because everything is going to be completely custom for your specific setup in regards to cut lengths and where everything is going to go. This package gets you about 90% of the way there, but that other 10% takes a bit of work to figure out. To give you a head start here are some dimensions for what we have on our wall here:
- Our water outlet is 22.5" off the ground and 13.5” to the left of the center line. I would recommend this as the absolute minimum distance from the center line.
- The CR Spotless is mounted with the top of the bracket at 43”.
- The top of the hose reel mounting bracket is at 61”.
- The top of the back of the metal shelf is at 68.5”.
- The power outlet should be about the same height as the shelf but to the right. Ours is lower than that because we didn’t move it. Its not ideal.
- Total width is roughly 30”.
We have some awesome videos on the YouTube channel that you'll want to watch if you haven’t seen them yet. A friend of ours in Colorado that has been building an awesome Morton Building garage to full OG Spec. Here’s the first video from when we were touring Nick’s Colorado Morton Building garage back in January 2019. Head to 17:50 for him talking about the Kranzle wall mount solution. You really want to do as much mocking up as you can.
Here’s the second video from when the next group was there March 2019. They start talking about all the pressure washer install at about 13:44.
This is a full, detailed install series of two regular obsessed dudes with limited tools and mechanical ability doing a custom install.