The NAD M33 is a high-res music streaming device that is BluOS enabled and delivers superior performance. The time I’ve spent with this thing has led me to conclude it is the pinnacle of DAC/amplifiers. It’s so good.
It's a high-end piece of equipment that generally speaking you’re going to put in your office or a critical listening room; I, of course, am using it inside of my garage because that’s where I’m doing most of my music listening.
This monster of an amp is rated at 200-watts per channel, but it has rated peaks of 600 plus. This kind of output will give you clean power with low distortion and noise. It comes equipped with a sufficient amount of analog and digital inputs for making wired connections - a simple design, but what a powerful machine.
My setup in my current house (Harbor Hills) is a pair of DynAudio Heritage Specials and a single Dynaudio Sub 6 with this NAD M33. I’ve mentioned this several times before that we’re working in a harsh setting (the garage), so having metal cabinets, concrete floors, wooden countertops is not particularly the best listening environment. The magic of this stuff (NAD, Dynaudio) gives us the essentials we need to turn this hollow atmosphere into a vibrant workspace.
The significant power the M33 has combined with the ability to room correct made a remarkable difference in my garage. It does come equipped with Dirac Live, which will analyze your speakers and room acoustics with the help of a measurement microphone that’s included in the packaging.
I fell in love with this thing the moment I took it out of the box. The construction is legit. It has a brushed-aluminum finish with several vents on top with a multi-color touchscreen display. Even the volume control is nice. What comes to my mind is perfection in a two-channel box.
Keep in mind that this wasn’t designed to be a home theatre receiver; it’s only a two-channel amplifier. This is going to be your critical-listening amp only.
So, I’m using this unit with my Apple TV, but of course, the Apple TV doesn’t have an optical connection. I needed the ability to do HDMI Switching, and so this is where the NAD MDC HDM-2 comes into the picture. I was able to pop this puppy into the M33 and have three inputs and a single output. This allows me to stream and run 4k through the device to the display - which is fantastic for the garage where I’m doing video and spending most of my time.
Here’s the magic of this thing for the garage - the Class D architecture that NAD uses runs really cool. My garage is conditioned, but the M33 would be fine if it weren't, so I don’t have to worry about any overheating issues. This advanced feature also helps because I have it stored in my metal cabinet, which I’d guess most of you would be doing something similar.
Looking at this thing, you’d think it was heavy, but it’s not. Most of the weight is in the construction (the aluminum case). I’m telling you, once you see this thing in person, you’re going to be glad you purchased it.
The remote is also nice. I’d caution you to be careful whipping it around. You can hurt somebody with this thing. It’s a little weighty. You’ll find yourself wanting to use it, but you really won’t have a reason to because you’ll be using the BlueOS.
Chances are, I’m probably going to keep this thing for a long time. This is the two-channel version of perfection.
- Rated output power (ref. 20 Hz-20 kHz at rated THD, both channels driven) | >200 W into 8 ohms | >380 W into 4 ohms
- Rated output power, Bridge mode (ref. 20 Hz – 20 kHz at rated THD) | >700 W into 8 ohms
- Input sensitivity | 865 mV (ref. 200W 8 ohms, Volume maximum)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz) | <0.003 % (1W to 200 W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio | >98 dB (A-weighted, ref. 1 W out in 8 ohms) | >120 dB (A-weighted, ref. 200 W out in 8 ohms)
- Clipping power | >210 W (0.1 % THD 1 kHz 8 ohms)
- IHF dynamic power | 8 ohms: 260 W | 4 ohms: 520 W
- Peak output current | ≥25 A (in 1 ohm, 1 ms)
- Damping factor | >800 (ref. 8 ohms, 20 Hz to 6.5 kHz)
- Frequency response | ±0.2 dB (20 Hz -20 kHz) | -3 dB at 60 kHz
- Input Impedance (r and c) | 47kΩ/180pF
- Input Sensitivity | 280mV (ref. 500mV out, Volume Maximum)
- Maximum input level 20Hz-20Khz | 2 Vrms/8 Vrms (low sensitivity mode)
- Tone Controls | Treble: ±6 dB at 10kHz Bass: ±6 dB at 100Hz
- Max Output Signal | 4Vrms (ref. 0.1% THD)
- Maximum output level | 3.9 Vrms (ref. 0.1% THD)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio | >120 dB (A-weighted, ref. 2 V out)
- Output impedance | 100 ohms
- Maximum output level | 1.1 Vrms (ref. 0.1 % THD 100Hz)
- Signal-to-Noise ratio | >102 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz, ref. 1V out)
- THD+N | <0.005 % (refer 1.1 V 20 Hz-200 Hz)
- Output impedance | 680 ohms
- Input sensitivity | MM: 1.2 mV | MC: 100 µV
- Input impedance (R and C) | MM: 56 kohms/100 pF | MC: 100 ohms/280 pF
- Signal to noise ratio (ref. 2 V Preout A-weighted) | MM: >92 dB | MC: >76 dB
- THD+N (ref 2V Preout 1kHz) | MM: <0.003 % | MC: <0.02 %
- RIAA response accuracy MM/MC | ±0.2 dB 20 Hz -20 kHz
- Output Impedance | 2.2ohms
- Output power | >100 mW/32 ohms
- Supported audio file format | MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, ALAC, OPUS
- Supported high-resolution audio file format | FLAC, MQA, WAV, AIFF
- Sampling rate | up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths | 16 – 24
- Network connectivity | Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 | Wi-Fi 5
- Supported network file share protocol | Server Message Block (SMB)
- USB | 1 x Type-A port for connection to USB memory stick (FAT32 or NTFS formatted) and supported peripherals
- Bluetooth quality | Support for aptX® HD
- Bluetooth connectivity | Two-Way (Receive and Headphone modes)
- Supported operating system | Music playback from network shares on the following desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, Vista, 7, 8 to current Windows Operating Systems and macOS versions
- Mobile Application | Free BluOS Controller App available for download from the respective App stores of Apple iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, and iPod), Android devices, Kindle Fire and Windows or macOS desktops
- Front panel | 7-inch full-color touch screen
- Remote control | HTRM 2 remote control
- Auto Standby ON | <0.5W
- Idle Power | <40W
Dimensions and Weight:
- Dimensions WxHxD | 435 x 133 x 396 mm (17 1/8 x 5 1/4 x 15 5/8”)
- Net Weight | 9.7kg (21.4lb)
- Shipping Weight | 18.4kg (40.6 lb)
Ships from OGHQ Warehouse. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout. Our audio solutions will be fulfilled as products are available, so shipments might be delayed. Audio products are subject to a 15% restocking fee.