The NAD C700 is a BluOS streaming digital amplifier with an amazing, high-definition, non-touchscreen display. Its super sleek, compact aluminum chassis and glass front panel make it not only easy to tuck away but something you’ll catch yourself gazing at quite a bit. It’s pretty.
So, the one question I had that some of you may also have is why would you choose this over the NAD C368? They both have similar inputs and outputs. The C368 has more of a traditional cabinet, while the C700 has more of a modern look. The C700 is more straightforward - you get what you get, while the C368 is upgradeable.
If you want to run Apple TV with no clunkiness (extra HDMI cable), you’ll get the C368; if you don’t care and you’re not going to run a TV at all, you’ll have to decide between the two. You can use an Apple TV with this; you’ll just have to run an HDMI cable from your TV to the amp.
This amp is rated at 80-watts per channel, which is very conservative. I ran my power-hungry Evoke 30’s, and it handled them well. You’ll notice the sound is brighter with the C700; the sound stage is a bit bigger compared to the C368 where you’re getting more bottom-end and mid-bass.
All in all, this is prettier, takes up less space, and runs a bit cooler. I’m confident this is a stripped-down version of the NAD M10 V2. A lesser expensive, simpler amplifier with all the necessities you’ll need.
- 80 watts x 2 channels into 8 or 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.04% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- HybridDigital UcD output stage can deliver up to 120 watts of instantaneous power for dynamic peaks
- 24-bit/192kHz DAC built-in | supports high-res MQA, FLAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- 5" color LCD display
- BluOS compatibility for further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- Built-in two-way Bluetooth® with aptX HD
- Connects to your home network via built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® or wired Ethernet for music streaming
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android™, Windows®, and Mac® OS X
- 2 analog stereo RCA audio inputs
- Digital inputs: 1 Toslink optical, 1 coaxial
- HDMI eARC input
- USB (Type A) port for connecting a thumb drive or mass storage device
- Gigabit Ethernet port for making a wired network connection
- stereo RCA preamp output for connecting a separate amplifier
- mono RCA output for connecting a powered subwoofer
- Binding post speaker connectors
- IR input and 12-volt trigger in/out
Dimensions and warranty:
- 8-5/8"W x 3-13/16"H x 11-5/8"D
- Weight: 10.6 lbs.
- Warranty: 2 years
Ships from OGHQ Warehouse. Shipping costs are calculated at checkout. Our audio solutions will be fulfilled as products are available, so shipments might be delayed. Audio products are subject to a 15% restocking fee.