The stainless steel tops are super heavy duty. They have a plywood core. You need to add some weather stripping to fill the gaps. Dean from Saber, said he made the tops shorter to allow for errors in mounting. I wanted the center joint to be flush, so I used my own thicker stripping. He supplied much thinner stuff.
As expected, the wood core tops are a tad warped but pulled tight when secured.
I pre-drilled the holes with an 1/8″ bit and then bolted in these 1″ lag screws starting at the center joint to make sure everything lined up.
I learned my lesson on the second one, drill the holes first. There are pre-drilled holes in the corners, but I added some extra lags to be on the safe side. I used 20 1/4″ lags on each 90″ section. They aren’t supplied.
I bought a 24″ X 24″ 3/4″ sheet of plywood to mount under the right lower for my vise. It’s probably overkill, but so is my entire garage.
So I’m about 10 hours into the install. If you are reading this and know how to hang a level picture, you can do this. I’m not super handy and have never installed cabinets in this order of magnitude. It is time consuming, but is very simple.
I have to build the other three uppers and install them. Then let the organization bonanza begin!
Comments will be approved before showing up.